Goddess Knitters

08 May 2008

to the equator and back

I have just returned from a wonderful trip to Panama! Here is the view that my faulty dyer cedar creeks had while I was there! This is on the patio of our friends' lovely home there! What a place! Right on the the ocean (as if the pool isn't enough!). We were there for 8 fabulous days and did we see some great things! Here a just a few of the highlights:



...beautiful flowers......


This is one of the many Kuna Indians that inhabit Panama.


Chickens............everywhere!



This is a 4 month old sloth named "pippin". I was so taken with the sloth that I forgot to get the owners name!


Geckos where you least expect them.....


...did I mention they have this canal?

Only one slight problem while we were there. Meet Madeline....


Think she looks guilty? Here's why:


It seems that Madeline loves BMFA LSS as much as I do and she tried to take it home with her. Luckily, Bob found her with it in the driveway and after much untangling I was able to finish my Shetland Triangle Shawl.

Let's just say that Madeline is a lucky dog!




This is all of us on our last night there (from left to right): me, Bob, Tillman (the hubby) and Bob's fab wife Dorothy! We had such a great time, my face and stomach still hurts from all the smiling and laughing! What a great time and what wonderful friends!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Wow!! Looks like you had a fabulous time! Eeek..the geckos would have freaked me out a bit, but look at that cute little sloth :) And very very bad Madeline! Thank goodness you saved the shawl! It looks great !!!

    Happy almost Mother's Day too!!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an amazing trip! Yay for you! So glad you got that STS back! :)

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    Your trip sounds amazingly wonderful! Neat things to see and there is nothing like being with good friends!
    The Shetland triangle looks awesome and I'm glad you were able to salvage it!

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger unraveledgal said…

    What? The Mother of all Monkeys visits Panama....??
    Looks like you had a wonderful time.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hibiscus & geckos! Reminds me of Hawaii, but then they're both tropical places.

    Glad you're back safely. It looks like you had a great time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home