Goddess Knitters

20 July 2008

...illinois, wisconsin, minnesota, south dakota...

Well, we left Illinois this morning at 7:00 a.m., travelled through Wisconsin, Minnesota and ended our day in Rapid City, South Dakota. We are staying about 20 miles from Mt. Rushmore, which we will be seeing in the morning. For now, we are in our hotel having a glass of much deserved wine and relaxing after 800+ miles in the car.

The mileage was not without fruitfulness. I got one "spring forward" almost done, in the colorway Grimm's Willow Wren, STR lightweight. I must tell you that I love this sock pattern, designed by the lovely and talented Linda, and of course I adore the yarn. Linda is such a rockstar with color and design! Check out her blog and also get your very own "spring forward" pattern on Knitty.
We listened to "Auditions", by Barbara Walters. If you haven't read or listened to this, do it! It's really a fun read. We learned alot!




Anyway, Marianne and I had a great time in the car with our co-pilot, "lily". She seemed to try to inch her way from the back end of the car up to the front seat as we traveled along. Right now she is crashed on my bed. I think it was a big day for all of us.





Tomorrow.....pics of the president's heads.....oh, and more knitting.....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    800 miles!! Wow!! You are going to have those socks finished by the time you get to Oregon I bet! Love them in the Grimm's Willow Wren!!

    Lily is too cute! She wanted to be up near the fun :)

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    I love the idea of exploring the good ole USofA! Have you had any tasty ice cream along the way?

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    WooHoo South Dakota! The Black Hills are one of my favorite places--who'd a thunk? I'm glad you're having fun knitting Spring Forward. I love yours in Grimm's Willow Wren -- they look great! Have fun on your trip, I look forward to seeing more pictures.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! Sounds like you are having a great trip Debbi! Lily looks like a charming princess :-) Books, knitting, Mt Rushmore, lemon drops and great company with Marianne . . . . you are on the road enjoying once again! Have a great week! Susan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home