Goddess Knitters

22 September 2008

...a common cause...


Each year, I participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I have been doing this for about 16 years. Little did I know back the first year I participated in this event that it would come to mean so much to me.

Many of you know that my mom, Pat, was taken by this horrible disease about 4 1/2 years ago. I can't believe that it has been that long since she left us. I miss her each and every day, but never more than when I am surrounded by others that have been touched by this disease.

This year, I walked the race with my oldest daughter, Erin. We had a really good time, talking and laughing the whole way!

We had a great time and we were so glad to be involved in such a great worthwhile fundraising cause!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    AWESOME! You and Erin are adorable and it is absolutely wonderful to see the support for such a worthy cause.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Cece said…

    Could you two be any cuter? I did the Breast Cancer 3 day walk 2 years ago - it was great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home