Goddess Knitters

16 October 2008

...think pink...

Every October is special to me. It is the month that our family celebrates my mom's birthday. This year she would have been 74 on the 14th. It seems that each year our family is together on the 14th and we have a toast to her, just like we did when she was still with us. We miss her alot. After my mom passed away I put together what I like to think of as my memory necklace. In the frame on the necklace is one of my most favorite pictures of mom. When I wear it I feel like she's right there with me!




The other reason that October is special for me is that it is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. I find it comforting to see all of the "pink" stuff in the stores. It makes me hopeful that one day we will have a cure for this awful disease. In the mean time, I encourage each and every one of you to do the following:


~ get regular mammograms

~ go to the link in the sidebar my blog and click it

to help fund mammograms for those that can't afford

them

and finally

~hug your mom, grandma, daughter, daughter-in-law, niece, cousin, friend, etc. We are all in this together.....






Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    That necklace is perfect! A toast to your mom :)

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Marisol said…

    What a pretty necklace:) Here is a belated toast to your Mom!

    Hey you look like her --except blond:)

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's to your mom! Knowing you, she had to be very very special!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home