Goddess Knitters

01 December 2008

...in which I am over it...

This weekend marked the 112th OSU vs. U of O Civil War Game. In the past the Beavers have been the underdogs in this game and have had a tough time with the Ducks. Usually this game, for the most part, is about school pride and bragging rights in the state. But this year we had much more at stake. I have been unable to, up to this point, speak about the possibility of our appearance in the Rose Bowl with a win over the Ducks.....and for good reason. The Ducks are a great football team and this game was no exception. Needless to say, the Ducks took away our Rose Bowl hopes with a 65-38 win. That said, even with the loss of the game, we still had one of our best tailgaters ever! Witness all that is OSU Football........
...the trash talking...

...the games...(this is "washers")




...the mascot...

...the cute canines...

...the team coming onto the field...

...and best of all....family...
Even with the loss, we still had a great time! And as I said, the best part is being with great friends and having our family together. GO BEAVERS!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said…

    We watched the game on cable in St. Louis. It was a Duck crowd, though. We can't help ourselves!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Neuroknitter said…

    Can we still share a room at Madrona even though I'm a Duck?! I hope so!! :)

    It looks like you had a grand time anyway! :)

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    It looks like you had a great time anyway! But I do feel your pain, my Golden Bears haven't been to the Rose Bowl in decades. Oh well, the fun at the tailgates and with all the other fans makes up for it.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    I was rooting for the Beavers!! Who the heck wants USC to go to the Rose Bowl ever! Glad you had a great time though!! And hey, they've had a great season...not quite like my Irish :(

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Monet said…

    Love the shirt and love the mascots! The Boston Terrier is way too cute (of course I'm a bit biased since I have one of those silly puppies too).

    Sorry about the loss - we were watching, not for any particular reason other than the fact that it's football and my DH will watch anything sports related.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home