Goddess Knitters

11 March 2009

...falling in love again...

Even though the title of this post might make you think of this.......

{by the way.....love this song!}

I'm really talking about this.......



...and this....


...and this....


And thanks to my good friend tapmouse, I have been sucked back into the wonderful world of spinning. Ever since Stitches, and watching her spin on a spindle, it's all I think about. This does not bode well for me as I have a massive "to do" list that is being ignored. But really, could you close your eyes to the beauty that is jabberwocky? Not me, not even close. I love this colorway so much that I have used it for this, and this, and a little bit in this. See? The only thing I have yet to cast on for in the is colorway is a pair of socks........hum.........

But I digress. This lovely bit of spinning is a two-ply {one ply of merino superwash, one ply of silk} and the roving was a gift from my beloved depraved dyer. That girl knows how to push my buttons! I took one look at the roving and thought, "this is good, this is beautiful, this is lovely, i am getting nothing done until this is spun up........"
So between tapmouse and depraved dyer I have had no will power this week. Each and every night I have been at the wheel spinning and then plying this gorgeous stuff. It is now being knit up into the Weaver's Wool Shawl, which I think may be the perfect match for this.
So thank, tapmouse and depraved dyer for nudging me back to the wheel. I am grateful. Good thing these two don't deal drugs......what am I saying? I'm already an addict...........I'm weak.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    Beautiful :0)

    I haven't done any spinning, but I have completed 5 FOs since Stitches. Now I just need to find my camera!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Cathy-Cate said…

    Those two DO deal drugs! They're just in fiber form.

    I just started spindle spinning and am worried. My kitten doesn't let me do too much spinning, though, thus controlling the addiction. But when I was at Madrona, I bought a Sheep 2 Shoe kit in guess which colorway!

    Yep -- Jabberwocky looked so pretty, and a colorway that I didn't think I'd mind barberpoling in! Looking forward to spinning it sometime.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Wow! As soon as I saw that third picture I thought, "Gorgeous! Could that be jabberwocky?!" I should have known!

    Your spinning is amazing...and you're already knitting it up?! For camp!?! Fabulous fabulous!

    Oh, and you stand corrected. Depraved dyer is also a dealer of some sorta stuff that sure is addictive!!

    And I just realized...OMG about two weeks left!!!! So sooon!!!!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger PNWBookGirl said…

    Gorgeous yarn!

    If you aren't busy Saturday the 14th, 10am-12:20pm at Portland's Central Library at 10th & Yamhill we're having the Portland Spinnerati meeting.

    We'd love to have you join us and you can spin more!

    Added bonus, Knit-Purl is also having their sale just a couple blocks away to tempt you. ;^)

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    Ooooooh...I thought I recognized that colorway as Jabberwocky!!! You KNOW I love that colorway too much! It is absolutely gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!

    Only a little more than a week to go! And, well...yes, we ARE ALL addicts! Sadly, the drug is legal and there are no cures. But my gosh, to be so close to the pusher! YIKES! Pray for me at camp!-lol!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home