Goddess Knitters

21 May 2009

..the long and winding road...

For Christmas this year my husband got me a new bike. I had been hinting at a bike for about 9 months, but who know he was actually listening? Anyway, I have been out for a couple of short rides since Christmas, (the weather here hasn't been very cooperative) but last Sunday the weather was perfect.
I live in a rural area, known as Scholls, that has beautiful fields, rolling hills and pretty amazing birds and animals. So I hopped on my bike and headed out to see some of this beauty from the seat of my 24 speed. And what beauty.....



crimson clover in bloom


that's my bike, isn't is great?

this is what we do out here....

that, my friends, is a wild turkey...pretty cool, huh?
...faces from the road...
the flowers are pretty amazing, too.
All in all, I rode for a little over 1 1/2 hours and if I hadn't run out of water I might still be on my bike. It was really the best thing I have done for myself in a very long time. So bear with me. The road out there is truly long and winding and I aim to see much more of it from the seat of my bike......

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    Congratulations on getting out there and pedaling! I like pedaling too, but I'm deathly afraid of traffic intersections involving stop signs and lights. Rural country rodes would be more my speed.

    Enjoy your cool new bike!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Tece said…

    That really looks like fun! Have more adventurous rides and stay safe...you are wearing a helmet, right? We want you to stay in one piece!

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger punkin said…

    My daughter lives in Newburg. It is lovely. Your bike ride sounds like a lot of fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home