Goddess Knitters

16 June 2009

...celebrations...

This past weekend was a really fun and full one. We headed south to Corvallis on Friday to start the celebration for my son-in-law, Kris. He graduated with his masters in Education on Saturday from Western Oregon University. The celebration started at a local hang out that is a favorite of Kris and Erin (our oldest daughter and his wife). Murphy's is a great place, with fabulous food and a fun atmosphere. It's been a mainstay in Corvallis since before we were in college there.....that's a long time!
This is Kris and his dad, Alan, enjoying what they like to call a Mt. Doodle......

And this is the t-shirt we gave Kris for his birthday this year. We knew as a teacher he would be hearing all kinds of excuses, so we decided maybe he should have one of his own.

This was our view, Saturday morning, of the graduates.
Here is Kris just after receiving his diploma...I was cheering to much to get a shot of him actually getting it. :}
This is what I worked on during the ceremony. After all, it was WWKIP day.
It's my jazz jubilation and I love it.

Here are Erin and Kris after the ceremony. Both are masters now and are we ever proud!

This is Kris, his brother Joe and Joe's son Holden at the "after" party.

And the cake really says it all!

What an accomplishment and what a great weekend. And again, we are so proud!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Woohoo!! I bet he is excited to be done with grad school too! Congrats!!

    Loving the Jazz Jubilation!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous marcy said…

    Proud moments are great! Congrats! Btw, my little one is also named Erin!! you have good taste, but you already knew that...

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Sam said…

    Congrats!

    We were so close too. I was in Albany visiting my family last weekend. I'll have to try Murphys next time I'm down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home