Goddess Knitters

25 November 2009

...life is what happens.....

I was originally going to write a post about my great trips to both Stitches East and SOAR, but as the late, great John Lennon said,
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So here is what's been happening:

1. Porter arrived 10 days ago at our home and we could not be more smitten! Take a look:
He is a Chocolate Lab and we love him like crazy! It's been a while since we have had a puppy in the house. I tell you I can't believe that at one time I had little kids and a puppy in the house and actually got dinner on the table......not so much now. He is a good dog, but boy is he busy!

2. Our big, beautiful yellow lab Tucker has been having a rough time of late and on Monday I had to take him in and have him put to sleep. This is the first time I have had to take care of this. My husband usually does this, but I promised him that when the time came I would be the one to take Tucker in. Tucker was more than a dog to us. He was a part of our family for more than 13 years. He was alway happy, never had a bad day and was just a big, loving yellow dog. He loved to eat more than anything else in the world! One time he climbed into Susan's (aka Etta Mae) car, stole her banana and ate it peel and all. He just loved to eat!

We have known that this day was coming for some time but you can never be prepared. I am so thankful for the wonderful vet we have. He is a great guy and was so compassionate during all of this. I know that Tucker was well taken care of.



There is a void in our life with Tucker being gone, but as Porter grows I have a feeling that void will be filled.

And I'm sure that Jake and Tucker are sleeping together again....

19 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger dianne said…

    So sorry to hear about Tucker. My family lost two dogs also last January, 12 days apart. They certainly leave their little pawprints on your heart, and you feel like a better person that you could have been loved by such pure souls.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I knew Tucker was old, but hoped he wouldn't leave so soon after Jake. I'm sure they're playing wonderfully well together in doggy heaven.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker. Big hugs and lots of love from all of us.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Spinny Bunt said…

    Big hugs

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger PNWBookGirl said…

    Porter's puppy kisses hopefully will ease the pain of losing Tucker and Jake.

    Hugs!

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Oh Debbi. I am so sorry. Its been a hard year losing both Jake and Tucker, but they are both together in doggie heaven!

    And isn't Porter Gods way of saying it'll all be okay? Hang in there.

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger knittinggolfer said…

    SOO sorry! Hugs to you!
    i am dreading the same visit to the vet. i fear this week. 14 yr old Maddy, my puppy, will join Striper, our golden also 14, who has been waiting for his playmate since last December.

    That picture of Jake and Tucker IS my Maddy and Striper, bed and all!

    New puppy Laci next door will have to do for now.

    dang.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger socks and said…

    What a tough time it's been for you lately. I know how hard it is to let a loved pet go. Hope all troubles are past and you can slip into a new comfort place filled with Porter puppy kisses. Enjoy the Holiday. Hugs from Iowa, Alice

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Judy said…

    Sending you a big hug!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I'm so sorry to hear you lost Tucker, and so soon after Jake. My heart aches for you--it's so hard to lose such good friends. Hugs!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Angeluna said…

    My heart breaks for you with Tucker. It is so hard to lose such a companion. Porter looks like he will do his best to comfort you. What a little darling. All best!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Sabrina Famellos-Schmidt said…

    So glad Porter was able to come into your lives. It is never easy to loose a cherished pet. He will always live on in your heart.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger pupperwupper said…

    Oh, Tucker! What a beautiful life.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger pupperwupper said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Tricia said…

    I'm very sorry about the loss of Tucker. So true that you can never be prepared for that fateful day. I hope the good memories will out weigh the sadness very very soon.

    And I'm sure the adorable Porter will plant all kinds of puppy kisses on your heart to heal it faster.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Hugs from afar. Porter is very sweet, and will make his own place in your heart, just as Tucker and Jake did. He won't replace them.

    Love, Sarah

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Neuroknitter said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker! :*( I just know that Jake and Tucker are romping around and playing together at the Rainbow Bridge!

    Big hugs are being sent!!

    Porter is too cute!! :)

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Lisa S said…

    Well, I certainly know THAT feeling. Until recently, I didn't know more sorrow than the loss of a dog. It took about 4 days for me to find Sasha after we lost Dagwood and then Rod had the audacity to bring a REAL (Sasha is part Rottweiller)Black Lab puppy home when she was about 4. Nothing better. I am so glad that you got the baby. They are SO healing. :o)

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Beadnit said…

    I just read your post about Tucker. It makes me sad. I had to put my dog to sleep on July 4th making the decision all by myself. I know how it goes. Porter will help with the aches in your heart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home