Goddess Knitters

22 February 2011

...Faye...

My grandmother, Faye, taught me to crochet. I remember watching her hands work the crochet hook and being fascinated by them. She was a very stylish woman and loved jewelry. Having worked many years in a jewelry store she had quite a jewelry collection.

~ Introducing Faye ~


I decided to use the "string of pearls" lace pattern as inspiration in the design of her cowl. The pattern has instructions, both written and charted, for two sizes. It's shown here in two beautiful yarns by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. The blue version is done in Socks That Rock Heavyweight; colorway - In the Navy. The plum version is done in Gaea; colorway - Princess Plummy.
You can wear Faye many ways from long and knotted at the end, doubled and fastened with a beautiful shawl pin or wrapped several times snugly around your neck. It reminds me of Grandma Faye and her beautiful things.

~ enjoy ~





Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Kathy C aka fraudbuster said…

    Yet another lovely pattern! You sure are cranking them out - and I can't wait to make them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home