Goddess Knitters

26 March 2011

...Octavia...


My great-grandmother, Octavia loved flowers. She especially loved African Violets that grew in profusion throughout her home; pink, blue, violet and white. Whenever I see African Violets I think of her. Introducing....
~ Octavia ~

This triangular shawlette, named after her, has pretty little lace violets running throughout and is trimmed with a simple lace edging. Octavia looks lovely knit in a single skein of fingering weight yarn such as Floating by A Verb for Keeping Warm, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight or Annapurna also by A Verb for Keeping Warm.
I love the how the little violets make me think of my great-grandmother. This pattern is a sweet as she was!

~ enjoy ~




Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Lorajean Kelley said…

    This is exactly what I've been looking for! This is perfect for Sakura and so many other colors!!! I can't wait to knit this

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Lovely! A skein of Vancouver Violet would make this look good.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Team Lewis said…

    Let me know if you ever need any test knitting done for your new patterns coming out! I love this new one. See you in July

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    Another beautiful design :0)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    It's lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger SusCochran said…

    Absolutely gorgeous!!!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello Debbi,

    I'm a little slow. Now I get why you loved my newly dyed Seduction that I did in Tina's class at Sock Campso much! Your Octavia is lovely. I just downloaded the pattern and am hopeful that there is enough yardage to knit this up in the luscious pale green and mauve colours of my Seduction. The pattern looks easy enough for me to make a smaller version if need be.

    Thanks for all you do and did for Sock Camp and all the Jabberwonkys in attendance.

    Knit on with Knitterly Blessings,

    Naomi aka CrystalBelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home