Goddess Knitters

08 April 2011

...sock camp...




Just recovered unpacked from Sock Camp. As usual it was best of times, it was the craziest of times. The theme this year was Alice in Wonderland and boy what a rabbit hole we all fell into!

The campers were amazing as always. Fantastic talents at the Talent Show (dancers, puppet masters, singers, quilters, magicians, poetry reciters, story tellers..... you get the idea). I love the Talent Show and I am continually amazed and impressed by the multitude of things these people can do!
And then there was the homework. With each and every presentation we were blown away. The imagination is unbelievable.


The teachers/classes were wonderful. JC and Anne were rock stars, as usual. I heard so many great things about what the campers learned from them. I would love to take a class from each of them sometime. Hmm.....road trip.......
I got to be a class room aide to Steph. That was pretty cool! In her class the campers learned the fine art of darning. It was awesome!
I was able to slip away from Steph's class one morning and had the opportunity to dye with Tina. It was pretty great. Here is what I came away with.

I've already got several new designs in my head that will feature these lovelies!

Getting to spend time with Anna Zilboorg was especially nice. She is one smart cookie!

The best part of Sock Camp for me is getting meet new campers and being able to welcome back repeat offenders returning campers. Some of my closest friends have come from Sock Camp. Some of these people I only get to see once a year but I will tell you when we get together it's like we just saw each other yesterday. I love that!
Marcy, Carrie and I.

I got to spend a great deal of time with Stephen, a.k.a. hizKNITS. We shared the job as camp counselors. That definitely was a high point for me. Stephen is a pretty cool dude and loves to laugh as much as I do. I think we might be a deadly combination. He's also the one that turned me onto Honey Badger. You can thank him for that........

As always, I am thankful for the opportunity to be at Sock Camp. Thank you, Tina. I loved it.



Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonky is right! This year honeybadgers fell in the rabbit hole! And they all had an unforgettable time!
    hugs to you my friend!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Tece said…

    Thanks for the fun memories and ALL your hard work! I had so much fun and learned a lot too....rest up!!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger hizKNITS said…

    Honey Badger Totally Cares! I am honored I got counsel with you. Thank you for the laughs and the Scotch and the rides to the after-parties and did I mention the laughs?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home