Goddess Knitters

12 May 2011

...knit night...

When I started designing things I knew I wanted to include something for my knit night friends. Being with these people is really great! Over the years we have become knotted together in many ways. Meeting each week, we share a bit about our lives, admire each others' knitting and laugh.....a whole lot. I love each and every one of them. And so I give you...


Knit Night is a one skein shawl with a pretty knotted stitch throughout the body,

a bit of lattice
that transitions into a charming knitted on lace edging.
It's the perfect project for that special single skein of luxury yarn in your stash and knits up very quickly.


Thank you knit night friends for being a special part of my life.




Yarn:

~ Knitted Wit - Bling Sock Yarn [65% Merino/20%/15% Nylon, 3.53 oz/100g, 420 yards/384 m], colorway: Two Roads.
~ Alpha B - Sexy B [70% Baby Alpaca/20% Silk/ 10% Cashmere, 3.65 oz/100g, 437yards/399 m], colorway: Two Olives, Please.

Supplies:

~ 32" circular needles size US 4/3.5 mm or size needed to obtain gauge.
~ markers
~ yarn needle

Gauge:

~ 7 stitches per inche over Stockinette Stitch.

Finished Measurements:

~ wingspan - 44 inches
~ length - 22 inches.

Please visit Knitted Wit and Alpha B to see their lovely selections of yarn!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Angeluna said…

    What a delightful pattern! And a lovely tribute to all of our Knit Night friends.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Laura said…

    I can't think of a better tribute to your knit night friends! It's beautiful, and I can't wait to knit it myself.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger watercolordaisy said…

    Wow. So pretty!! I'm about to maybe tackle something with some actual pattern to it and I'm so intimidated... oy. Deep breath!! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home