Goddess Knitters

12 October 2011

...on the road again...


Finally, after weeks of waiting and preparation I am leaving on a jet plane in the morning for my east coast trip.  First stop, Rhinebeck, NY and the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival.  And if you know anything about Rhinebeck you know that you've got to have a new sweater just to make an appearance.  Enter Bel Air.

 

Yup, this is the sweater I started back in August when I was in San Francisco at A Verb for Keeping Warm with my pals Stephen and Carrie.  We were lucky to be taking class from the master herself, Anne Hanson!  And this is the result of that fantastic class.  Let me tell you, Anne was right.  If you take your measurements and knit to them.....the sweater fits!  I love this sweater beyond belief.  If you see me wearing it at Rhinebeck I'll probably make you listen as I describe all that is lovely about it! Humor me.....

I'll be taking in  everything with my best pal, Marcy.  This trip is going to be one to remember!  We start by getting on what Marcy likes to call "the magic bus" at Webs  and riding from the shop to Rhinebeck with a bunch of knitters!  Who could as for anything more?

We'll be making stops to see Miss Babs and then to The Fold.  Speaking of The Fold, if you love
Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock (and who doesn't?) get on over there!   Not only will they have a great selection of STR, but they also will have Silk Hankies!  Rumor has it there is a cowl pattern (free) that will be showing up there that can be knit from one hankie!

We'll be stopping by to see Steph at her book signing that kicks off the tour for her new book.  Can't wait to see her!

Once Rhinebeck is over Marcy and I will travel back to her house for a few days of rest before heading to Stitches East in Hartford.  I'll be hosted by our pals at Webs and will have a bunch of great Blue Moon yarns.  Tina has sent some beautiful garment yarns along with Socks That Rock so the booth will be packed with loveliness!  Please stop by and say hello if you get to Stitches.  I'd love to see you!

Well, as they say let's get this show on the road!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Have a fabulous time!! Sounds like it is going to be an awesome trip filled with friends and yarn and fun!

    Love love love your Bel Air! Take lots of pictures!

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wahoo!
    That is all.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Awww, another person at Rhinebeck that I missed! But I did run into another friend from Oregon in the crazy crowds. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home