Goddess Knitters

27 November 2011

...making a list...

and checking it twice or at least now I have a list to go from.  If you haven't seen this book yet, let me introduce you to The Knitters Life List by Gwen W. Steege.

It's a book of things, as the covers say, to do, to know, to explore, to make.  The book contains information about yarn and fiber, styles and traditions, tips and techniques and personalities to meet.  Some of the chapter include yarn, know-how, sweaters, sock, bags, home dec and much more.  The chapters include  master lists of suggestions to discover, meet, do/try, learn, go, etc.  The author states that this book is by no means the be all, end all list of things for knitters, but rather a starting point to help knitters create their own "bucket list".

I am only a couple of chapters into this great book, but I can tell you that I am already starting my own list.  The book is a great tool for inspiration and creativity.  I has me really thinking about how I am going to plan out my knitting for the future.  There are definite things I want to see, do and learn, and there are many people highlighted in this book that I would love to meet.  I think it will help me develop a plan for classes I want to take and the people I want to take them from.

The Knitters Life List is a must have for every knitters library.

Thanks to Susan for introducing me to this great book!



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home