Goddess Knitters

18 January 2013

...mini...


I am packing for something that I hardly ever get to do.  On Monday, I am headed to Pt. Townsend, WA and a miniSpinner retreat with Judith MacKenzie.  I get to attend a lot of fiber retreats/shows as a worker bee, but not many as a student.  The last time I went to something like this was for this.  It was a bunch of fun and I couldn't wait to do it again.  That was back in 2011 and I don't think I have been to anything as a student since.

Don't get me wrong, I get to go to A LOT of fiber events/shows/retreats, but not many as a participant. That is why when I found out that it would be possible, maybe even probable, for me to attend this retreat I was pretty jazzed.

I have had my miniSpinner since forever a few years ago.  I have used it, but not nearly to it's potential. I do love how tiny it is.  Everything goes in a basket and away you go!



In packing up to go I had to empty the bobbins.  They were full of this:

                                            

that I plied into this:

                           

It was a luxury batt that I bought at Black Sheep Gathering back in 2011.  It's been on the bobbins since then...  anyway, now it's plied and after a bath will be ready to knit.  It's really beautiful.  I'm puzzling over what I'll knit out of it.  Any ideas?  300 yds, fingering weight.  Let me know!

My plan is to attempt to  blog at least once from the retreat.  I know there will be so much to show you. I can't wait!





Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    How exciting! I just got a mini spinner at SOAR and thought of you when I bought it -- I remember when you bought yours. Looking forward to reading about your retreat. Have fun!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    I took Anne's sweater class at the end of last year. LOVED it. Made me think about the fit of my regular store bought clothes, aswell as my handknits. Love your basket - very patriotic :0)

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's this lady named Debi. She has a shawl pattern called Octavia that takes about 300 yards. You should try it!!!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger dianne said…

    Sounds like fun! Have a great time and I hope you learn a bunch of fun stuff.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Nadine Knits said…

    Another friend "Mona" will also be at the spinning retreat. I wish I could take Ms Spinner and join you. Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home