Goddess Knitters

12 January 2013

...new year, new attitude...

I have always been the sort of person that makes resolutions for the new year.  In early December I start thinking about the changes I'd like to make.  The list becomes a reflection of what went wrong and what went right in the past 11 months.  Usually at the top of the list is "take better care of myself", i.e. lose some weight, exercise more, make better choices eating, etc.

When I took a look back at 2012 I realized that I have been taking really good care of myself this year.  This is evidenced by a 60 lb. weight loss.  My eating and exercise habits have been pretty darn good this year.  It's amazing what I can do when I really set my mind to something.

                
before
after

This sure doesn't mean that I have taken this goal off of my list for 2013.  In fact, it's at the top again, especially after just coming through the holidays.  

Along with taking good care of myself is paring down on the "stuff" I have.  I try to do this every January and usually do a pretty good job of getting rid of excess.  But as the year goes by, the excess seems to creep back in.  My goal for the year is to pare it down and keep it that way.  

It's become apparent to me that I can set and meet a big goal (see before and after).    My hope is that my stuff will be as trim as I am come 2014.   First up, my clothes and closet. . .

What are your resolutions?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jeneane said…

    Yeah for you - you look lovely - happy new year!!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    You look so great, please share how you did it. Dieting? Running? Yoga?

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger sewknit said…

    Yes - I'd love to know what your slim-up plan is, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home