Goddess Knitters

12 May 2013

...Mother's Day...

I am very lucky to be the mother to 2 great daughters.  I am even luckier to be the grandmother to 2 beautiful granddaughters.  When our second granddaughter was on the way I set to designing a baby blanket for her.  Because she was due in July I knew that the blanket needed to be light and lacy.  I started the design process and was busily knitting on it  while we were on our Italy trip in early June.  Image our surprise when Elliet Harper Cook arrived the day after we left for Europe.  






While I had planned to have the blanket
done for her so she could come home from the hospital in it, this just wasn't her plan.  She was on her own time schedule and has been ever since.  

I continued to knit on the blanket while we were traveling around Italy, getting daily updates on the new little girl we would meet when we got back.  There were many photos, videos and skype conversations with our daughter and son-in-law while we were away, but nothing could compare to them meeting us at the airport when we got off the plane.  And so, the blanket is named Coming Home, not so much for the reason I had originally intended but because it was the our coming home that finally got us our introduction to her!


I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.


~ Coming Home ~




Yarn:

600 yards Sport/DK yarn

Suggested yarns:

(color way:  natural)
(colorway:  china rose)
(colorway:  canopy)

Supplies:

US 8/5mm 24" circular needle
or sized to obtain gauge
cable needle
markers
yarn needle

Gauge (after blocking):
3.75 stitches/inch on US 8/5mm needle over stockinette stitch

Finished Measurements:
Length: 34 inches
Width:  34 inches

~ enjoy! ~




Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Deb,
    Your blanket is beautiful and so are your precious grand daughters! How fortunate they are to have such a loving and talented Grandmother!
    Di

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger depravedyer said…


    I love this blanket !! And while I'm tickled that its out for al the world to see and knit I was kinda hoping for another granbaby expecting announcement!.

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Quite lovely Debbi! Love the photos, and the pattern!
    Susan

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks for the pics!
    Chris Hale

     

Post a Comment

<< Home