Goddess Knitters

28 November 2013

...thankful...

I had every intention of sitting down this morning and crafting this post, but here it is 10:00 pm and it's the first time I've sat down all day.

It's been the busiest of days lately.  Shopping, peeling, dicing, stirring, tasting, squeezing, dressing,  basting, baking...you get the picture.  You've all been doing the same thing for the past  48 hours.

My day started off with the 7th Annual Give and Gobble 5K run.

I ran it with my daughter, Kate.  She tried really hard to talk me into running the 10K.  I told her that there was no way.  Then we got to the starting line and I said, "Let's just see how we feel when we get to the split."  We crested the hill to where the race split off to the 10K and I said, "NO WAY."  She said, "Are you sure?".  "Yup, I'm sure."  As we crossed the finish line I turned to her and said, "You're not going to believe this but..."  She said, "I know, you wish we had done the 10K."  Yes, I really wish we had.  I felt great and should have done it.  Clearly, this is the goal for next year.

Home, after the run, to get the bird in the oven and start the rest of the dishes.  Family arrived, we had a great afternoon, ate a beautiful dinner and finally all of the dishes are done, leftovers are put away, and everyone but me is in bed, sleeping off the turkey coma they are all suffering from.  I can hear the snores from here.

How is it possible that it takes a week to prepare, 20 minutes to eat and 2 hours to clean up?  It just does, and you know what?  I wouldn't change it for anything.  I am so thankful that I was able to spend time with each member of my family today and so thankful that we had a great kick off to our holiday season.

Please excuse the lack of photos, I've been a bit busy...


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home