Goddess Knitters

21 March 2014

...deadlines be damned…

About a week ago, Paytan and Elliet had a couple of days home from school due to pneumonia.  I packed up and headed down to stay with them while Mom and Dad went to work.  While there we read a new book, Farmer Brown Shears His Sheep.  

It’s a great story about a farmer that shears his sheep, then take the wool to a man that cards it, a man that spins it and a woman that dyes it, all the while his sheep are following him to each place.  Why are they following him you might ask?  Because they are cold.  When Farmer Brown realizes that the sheep are cold he does the only thing he can do.  He knits them all sweaters.  Of course he does.

While reading this story Payan kept pointing out the things that I can do that were just like those in the story.  She would say things like, “Lala, that’s just like you."  "Lala, you can do that too!"  "Lala, you can knit just like Farmer Brown!”  I told her that yes those were things that Lala could do too, just like the people in the story.

When we finished the story I asked her how she liked it.  She said it was great and then she did something that I will never forget.  She turned to me with those big blue eyes, took my hand in hers and said, “Lala, can you knit me a sweater….that’s red…with buttons?  Red is my favorite color, just like yours.”

I said the only thing I could.  “Of course I can.”

So last weekend while at Vogue Knitting Live I searched for the perfect red yarn to make the perfect red sweater for this special little person in my life.  I came across this.

So even though I have 3 different deadlines in front of me I am busy with a little red sweater.  Deadlines be damned.  This deadline is way more important.  My granddaughter wants a new red sweater.  And so I am knitting one.  But I know that this sweater isn’t the only one I will be knitting.  Paytan also told me that I had to knit a sweater for Elliet too.  But her’s has to be pink and purple.  After all Paytan said, “Those are her favorite colors.  Can you knit one for her too?”  I said the only thing I could.  “Of course I can.”

Hang on deadlines, I’ll be back in a bit.



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Stephen said…

    So sweet. After you finish those two, I'd like to request one for me. You can pick the colors. 42" chest. Thanks. You're awesome.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Those little grand kids always win out, don't they? Hey, I going to be having another one in September! I can't knit for the child, but I sure can paint! This was a lovely post! You are a sweet, sweet Lala!
    Diane L

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Susan said…

    Oh those little darlings . . . . Lala's pride and joy! Deadlines schmedlines . . . . . . :-)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Mya said…

    Now THAT'S how you do it!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger dianne said…

    So sweet! Those will be the two most precious sweaters you ever knit :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home